Invisalign® is a modern alternative to traditional metal braces. Invisalign uses a series of clear aligners, each made by a computer, to treat tooth alignment problems in adults and teens. When worn over many months, these clear aligners slowly reposition your teeth into their ideal positions.
Invisalign is a great way to straighten your teeth without everyone being able to tell you’re wearing tooth aligners. Best of all, you can eat the foods you love, floss your teeth and brush as normal! When considering if Invisalign is for you, it’s important to understand just how this amazing treatment can be used and how it will fit in with your life.
With Invisalign, you can have the smile you’ve always dreamed of without the discomfort and inconvenience of metal braces. Here are some of the advantages:
- Metal braces require frequent visits to your dentist for adjustments and cleanings, but Invisalign is easier than ever to take care of. You just remove it every night before bed!
- Clear braces are more painful than other types because they’re tighter on your teeth and don’t allow for natural tooth movement as much as traditional ones do. But with Invisalign, there’s no pain at all! It’s just like wearing clear plastic retainers during an orthodontist appointment—no discomfort whatsoever!
Invisalign is a Great Way to Straighten Your Teeth Without Everyone Being Able to Tell You’re Wearing Tooth Aligners.
With Invisalign, you can have the confidence that comes from straight teeth and a beautiful smile, but no one will know that you’re actually wearing braces.
Invisalign works by creating thin, clear plastic aligners that are comfortable and easy to wear. These aligners are worn over your natural teeth while they slowly move into place—without anyone noticing!
As you progress through each stage (or “phase”), you’ll be able to see how far you’ve come toward achieving your ideal smile. And because Invisalign’s results are so clear and natural-looking, many people find it easier than ever before to show off their pearly whites.
Best of All, You Can Eat the Foods You Love, Floss Your Teeth and Brush as Normal!
Invisalign is a series of clear, custom-made, removable aligners. The aligners are made of a plastic material that allows you to breathe through your teeth. The aligners are worn over your teeth and can be removed for eating and drinking. Aligners are worn 24/7, except when eating or brushing your teeth. Each set will last approximately two weeks before they need to be replaced with the next set in the series (allowing some time for them to adapt to their new position).
- You can eat the foods you love, floss your teeth and brush as normal.
- You can drink through the aligners.
- You can use mouthwash. Invisalign retains its integrity when exposed to saliva so you can just rinse them out after each meal or snack and have multiple daily cleanings per day if desired!
- Aligners are worn for 22 hours a day for about two weeks at a time, then removed for an hour every night to be brushed and cleaned before reinsertion. During this time, it’s important that patients not consume hot food or beverages as they could damage their aligners which could lead to treatment failure (i.e., having to go back in stages).
The ease with which the aligners can be removed makes them more comfortable than fixed braces. They also have a small amount of space between each tooth, allowing for more airflow and less chance of gagging when eating or drinking hot liquids like coffee or soup!
If you’re looking to straighten your teeth, Invisalign is a great option for you. The clear aligner trays are specially made to guide teeth into place—allowing them to move slowly but surely over time. The result? A straight smile!
Invisalign can also be used to correct bite problems that aren’t easily corrected with traditional braces. Patients who suffer from jaw alignment problems often find relief when they opt for Invisalign; while traditional braces can cause a lot of discomfort in the jaw, these clear aligners are designed specifically not to irritate this sensitive region of the mouth. And if oral health issues or other facial concerns are holding you back from getting a great smile? Your dentist may recommend Invisalign as an effective way of getting the healthy, beautiful smile you deserve without having surgery or undergoing orthodontic procedures that could be painful or dangerous (especially if there are other underlying medical conditions).
Invisible Braces are Suitable For a Broad Range of Orthodontic Cases.
Invisalign is a great option for adults and children alike. It can also be used for a broad range of orthodontic cases, including:
Invisalign is perfect for those who lead busy lifestyles because it allows you to eat and drink whatever you like without worrying about braces getting in the way.
When Invisalign Isn’t Suitable
Invisalign is not always suitable for severe malocclusions or bite problems. In these cases, we may recommend a traditional orthodontic appliance that can be used to rebuild your bite and align the teeth. By using a traditional brace, we can better address your underlying tooth misalignment without affecting the aesthetics of your smile.
If you have been diagnosed with this type of condition, please ask us about our invisible braces alternative!
To Find Out if Invisalign is Right For You, Book an Appointment with Coolangatta Dental Group.
We are very excited to offer this new technology in our clinics, and we look forward to helping you achieve your smile goals.
Invisalign may be the perfect treatment for you if you’re looking to straighten your teeth the transparent way.